Are you looking for someone who can take your side concerning immigrating to another country or avoid deportation from the country? Well, you will need an immigration lawyer, an independent practitioner helping clients deal with different issues relating to the following:
- Green cards
- Other immigration benefits
When you don’t need an immigration lawyer?
Not all immigration issues need a consultation with the said lawyer. For instance, if you simply wish to visit a particular country for vacation and are sure of returning within 90 days, you might not be required with any visa, aside from your tourist visa. The law is incredibly complex. Hiring one of the professional immigration lawyers in Toronto, ON saves your time, money, and aggravation.
The situation happens when you need to redo the application done incorrectly or defend yourself during removal proceedings after a wronged application that goes seriously.
When do you need an immigration lawyer?
You will need an immigration lawyer to consult about immigration law if:
- Uncertain on basic eligibility for a green card
- Received government assistance during your stay
- Requesting sort of relief (asylum or waiver)
- Difficulty in obtaining citizenship, green card, or other immigration benefits
- Need emergency help
- Notified with removal proceedings or deportation started against you
- Been deported and wish to apply for a return
- Existing immigration applications denied or refused
- Convicted or committed a criminal offense and tried to enter the U.S.
- Planning to move for work without being assisted by the U.S. employed for the immigration process
- Locked into the immigration process and many forms and documents prepared are time-consuming or confusing to deal with on your own
- Applying for an investment-based visa
These are only a few of the reasons when consulting with an immigration lawyer.
Choose the right immigration lawyer
When choosing an immigration lawyer, it is not just about picking one of them. Picking an attorney expert on the field is not just the criteria, you must also see how good the immigration lawyer is when handling the case. Before choosing an immigration lawyer, you might probably meet with more choices to represent you.
Pick someone who is experienced in the type of case you wanted to resolve. A lot of immigration lawyers specialize in several fields:
- Business immigration matters
An immigration lawyer might charge you more than you expect. But, it is not the end of your search, still, you have a list of reputable immigration lawyers in Toronto, ON to choose from.